Thursday, March 13, 2008

Josh has ants!

For christmas, Grandma JoAnn and Papa Ken bought Josh a cool ant farm. Well, we had to send away for the ants, so on December 28th, I mailed off a check for the shipping and handling. The box said 6-8 weeks for delivery. Well, anxious Josh started asking to check the mail about a week later to see if his ants had arrived. I knew they weren't there, but we would always go check. About mid February, he started getting frustrated...so I told him...how about I check bank account every day and when they cash my $4 check, then I know the ants will be on the way. So, he began asking me, almost daily, if I had check my account. FINALLY, on March 3rd, THEY CASHED THE CHECK. I couldn't WAIT to pick up Josh and tell him. I picked him up from Kids Klub and gave him the news...he was SO excited and wanted to check the mail as soon as we got home. He checked it every day that week, but no ants. I had to explain to him that since they cashed my check, that meant that they were probably packaging up the ants and then had to mail them. So, saturday, I go to check the mail and guess what was there.....ANTS. They came in a tube in a bubbled envelope. There were seriously about 20 HUGE ants in this little tube. So I ran in the house and Josh saw the look on my face and asked if I had good news and I showed him the envelope. He RAN upstairs and got his ant farm and as inpatiently as a 9 year old can be...he dumped the ants in. Mark, being the responsible one, asked if he had even read the directions. Of course Josh didn't, but I have to admit, I was just as excited to see the ants get to work. come to find out, we were supped to refrigerate the ants for about 15 minutes first, to calm them down, but oh well... The ants got to work pretty fast. It has been a week now....take a look at the cool pics. It is a gel ant farm!

No comments: