Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our first family trip to disneyland!

On Sunday, September 14th, the five of us piled into the man-van and drove to Disneyland. We got there around 12:30. It wasn't too crowded, so we got to park in Timon. This is the closest parking lot. We unloaded diaper bags, sweatshirts, stroller and kids. This time we had to wait for two trams to come because the first one had the stoller section full. We finally got into the park and ate some yummy corn dogs on main street. After eating, I went into the baby care center and fed and changed her. This is the best place to go if you have kids under 3. They have a changing area as well as a nursing area. It is very clean in there and there is an attendant to help you with anything you need. They also sell diapers, wipes, desitin, formula, bottles, etc. This is also a great place to go if you have a toddler has become overwhelmed from the going ons of disneyland. There is a little area where you can sit and read them a book where it is nice and quiet. What a great way to calm them down and help them unwind for a while. While I was feeding Brooke, everyone else went on the Matterhorn. After I was done, we headed to the Jungle Cruise. This was Brooke's first official ride at disneyland. Next we went on Pirates of the Carribean. After that, we went on Indiana Jones. We had got a fast pass so we didn't have to wait long. We also participated in their baby swap program. Basically everyone, including baby, wait in line. Then one adult and the baby step to the side and wait while the rest of the group go on the ride. Once they get off the ride, the adult that stayed behind with the baby, gets to go on the ride, without waiting in line. They get to ride with someone who just got off, so they don't have to ride alone. Anyways, we did this for Indiana JOnes, unfortunately, the ride broke down before Mark got to ride. By this time, it was time for Brooke to eat again. I brought Josh with me so he can cool off inside the baby center. Meanwhile, Mark and Carlie went on Big Thunder Mountain. After I was done, we all went on Pinnochio. Brooke loved looking at all the figures on the ride. 4 hours later, we were ready to leave. Brooke fell asleep on the tram ride back to the car. I have attached some pictures. There is one special picture and that is the one of Mark and Brooke sitting on a bench with the castle in the background. That is the very spot were Mark found out he was going to be a daddy. :) We also got some other nice pictures of Mark with all the kids. It was a very nice day!

No comments: