Monday, June 30, 2008

False alarm!

So, Friday night was a great "progression" night. I started getting contractions around 9:30pm. They were coming every 10-15 minutes. By about 10:30pm, they were getting a little stronger and I was really feeling it in my back. I had been sitting in the recliner the whole time, so I figured I would change positions and try to lye down. Well, they kept coming and they weren't getting any easier. I waited another hour or so. Around 12:15ish, I decided to take a shower. I figured, either the warm water would relax me and the "false labor" contractions would stop, or I would be nice and clean for birth. I took a nice warm shower and had one more contraction in the shower. I got out and told Mark to start writing these down. 10 - 15 minutes apart wasn't close enough for me to call the doctor or even consider going to the hospital. So, I figured I would lye down and try and get some rest. Afterall, if this was real labor, then the pain would eventually wake me up. Next thing I knew, I woke up around 3am and nothing...nada....ZIP. No contractions...they stopped! BOOOOOOOO All this better had dilated me or something!

No comments: